I spilled water on my laptop and now some keyboard buttons don't work.

jimmy2o9

Baseband Member
I spilled water on my laptop and now some keyboard buttons don't work. My touchpad doesn't work at all. Is there anyway to repair the touchpad? I am using a toshiba satellite a135-s2276. I was wonering if either of these keyboards would work? http://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-T4001-US-48-N5601-001A-Toshiba-Satellite/dp/B000OOMCEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251123678&sr=8-1 or http://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-Toshiba-Satellite-A100-Tecra/dp/B000KJW5QI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251125126&sr=1-4

well, in any water incident you should turn off the laptop, take out the battery and keep the laptop open

set it in a dry/sunny area and let it sit for days

and yes, i believe they will work

Sounds to me like you fried some fuses. Might wanna open it up and see if you can fix it yourself. Doubtful, but worth a try.

well, in any water incident you should turn off the laptop, take out the battery and keep the laptop open

This may actually work. I tried it once with a Toshiba a while back and left it outside in my backyard for a while. Surprising the laptop booted back up with no issues LOL

My nephew once spilled a little bit of soda on my laptop keyboard and I did something similar. Of course, I had to remove the keyboard, pop off each individual plastic key take out the plastic sheet and clean everything thoroughly with alcohol to get all the sticky stuff off. It worked again, though.

Most electronic water damage is only temporary and as a result of short circuiting. Real damage is done only when power is running through the circuits and being shorted for long amount of times. Remove the batteries and leave it somewhere warm for a few days. Better safe than sorry. Then boot up and give it another shot, less us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom