I recently bought a PC from Cyberpower, my biggest mistake this year.

Dante_Death

Beta member
I recently bought a PC from Cyberpower, my biggest mistake of the year so far.

In my first configurations the case that I had chosen was on back order. I found that out about 2 days after I had made my order. This delayed the production of my PC considerably. I am not sure how the back order thing works, but one would think that a company would know which items that they stock are back ordered or not. When I got my PC I was content, until I found out that none of the drivers had been installed. That leaves me stuck wondering what went on during the 17 some odd hours they spend testing their PC's. So I went with it, though my experienced had been really sh***y from the begining.

I should have trusted my gut. The PC runs very very slow. The other day I put a thumb drive in one of the USB ports located on the top of the computer and it decided to just shut down. Which is cool you know. I trust the computer knows when it needs to turn off or wants a power nap. Here is the link to the PC I purchased, mine was slightly reconfigured: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_SLI_Pro.

There are a few things that I have learned from this experience.
1. Trust your instincts when it comes to buying expensive equipment.
2. Do your homework and know your product before you purchase it.
3. Go to forums like these where people know what they are talking about and can give good advice.

I am sending my $2500 PC back and reverting back to my Alienware. I still need another CPU though and will probably definitely stick with Alienware.
Whats the point of my rant? DO NOT BUY FROM CYBERPOWER. And I wanted to know if any other people had some disaster stories about buying cutomizable computers from off name vendors. Thanks for reading.

2500? It says $1269 on the link. What did you add?

Alienware is overated and overpriced.

Follow Joga's advice. Do more homework and build your own comp.

I can't imagine a $2500 computer running "slow", what's so slow about it?

I had a friend get a laptop from them. He didn't have any problems. Maybe he just lucked out.

A very good system builder is iBUYPOWER. Their systems are fully configurable, nicely priced and are backed by great customer service. My father in law recently purchased one and is really enjoying it. He normally builds his own, but didn't have the time or motivation for assembling one.

Yeah I also agree with some of the posts. Do some more research and buy some kickass parts and build your own monster gaming pc!

FYI Back orders can take anywhere from weeks to months. I ordered some parts last novemebr and I'm still waiting on them.

Back
Top Bottom