Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Beta Member

Exclamation I recently bought a PC from Cyberpower, my biggest mistake of the year so far.

In my first configurations the case that I had chosen was on back order. I found that out about 2 days after I had made my order. This delayed the production of my PC considerably. I am not sure how the back order thing works, but one would think that a company would know which items that they stock are back ordered or not. When I got my PC I was content, until I found out that none of the drivers had been installed. That leaves me stuck wondering what went on during the 17 some odd hours they spend testing their PC's. So I went with it, though my experienced had been really sh***y from the begining.

I should have trusted my gut. The PC runs very very slow. The other day I put a thumb drive in one of the USB ports located on the top of the computer and it decided to just shut down. Which is cool you know. I trust the computer knows when it needs to turn off or wants a power nap. Here is the link to the PC I purchased, mine was slightly reconfigured: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_SLI_Pro.

There are a few things that I have learned from this experience.
1. Trust your instincts when it comes to buying expensive equipment.
2. Do your homework and know your product before you purchase it.
3. Go to forums like these where people know what they are talking about and can give good advice.

I am sending my $2500 PC back and reverting back to my Alienware. I still need another CPU though and will probably definitely stick with Alienware.
Whats the point of my rant? DO NOT BUY FROM CYBERPOWER. And I wanted to know if any other people had some disaster stories about buying cutomizable computers from off name vendors. Thanks for reading.

Dante_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Guru

Default Re: I recently bought a PC from Cyberpower, my biggest mistake this year.

You should just build your own computer. Much better. Why did you go with a Phenom as a gaming processor?

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Default Re: I recently bought a PC from Cyberpower, my biggest mistake this year.

2500? It says $1269 on the link. What did you add?

Alienware is overated and overpriced.

Follow Joga's advice. Do more homework and build your own comp.

I can't imagine a $2500 computer running "slow", what's so slow about it?
OCZ 550 Watt Modular|Intel E7300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.66ghz|Gigabyte EP45UD3R|4 GB Corsair 800 DDR2|Geforce 8800 GTX|Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA|Samsung 160GB 7200RPM SATA|120 GB External WD Passport HD|Microsoft 3 Button Optical Mouse|Lite-On 2 Tone Standard Keyboard|ViewSonic 22in Wide Screen|Logitec x-540|Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
allendale2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_

allendale has a point. what i would do is just do a clean install of vista and you should be fine
Old 01-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

I had a friend get a laptop from them. He didn't have any problems. Maybe he just lucked out.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

A very good system builder is iBUYPOWER. Their systems are fully configurable, nicely priced and are backed by great customer service. My father in law recently purchased one and is really enjoying it. He normally builds his own, but didn't have the time or motivation for assembling one.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to AzNVi3t2007

Yeah I also agree with some of the posts. Do some more research and buy some kickass parts and build your own monster gaming pc!
AzNVi3t2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Beta Member

Thanks for all the good advice. I think I am going to go for it and build my own PC.
Dante_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
BSOD

FYI Back orders can take anywhere from weeks to months. I ordered some parts last novemebr and I'm still waiting on them.

cirruschrysler is offline   Reply With Quote