Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Angry I Now hate Micrsoft.

Ok,At the moment i have a cracked version of Windows XP (Because my computer came with Vista,at the time Sp1 wasnt out) and Auto Updates are switched off.Now im not Encouraging Piracy here,as soon as Sp1 RTM is out i will be using Vista (Yes,it is Legal) and getting rid of XP,But from what i just discovered,Microsoft is croaching on our privacy!

I Was checking my email through Outlook express,and as soon as i would hit the 'send/receive' it would Freeze.So i checked my computers logs and i checked the application errors,i was expecting it to be telling me that 'outlook.exe has crashed' but instead of it telling me that outlook.exe had crashed,it said wga.exe had crashed! (If you dont know what WGA is,Click HERE)

I Pressed CRTL-ALT-DEL and low and behold WGA.exe was running as a process! As soon as i ended it,My PC was more responsive and Outlook would finally work properly! How could it get on there when Automatic updates are swited off,i mean,by me switching that off im blatanly telling microsoft i do not want updates,but they forced WGA.exe onto my computer,im not suprised now when i restart my computer i will not be able to log onto XP because it will want me to activate

Is it just me,Or is this a invasion of privacy???

Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: I Now hate Micrsoft.

Its not really a invasion of privacy. WGA is designed to keep people from using boot legged software. You don't have a legal copy of XP anywhere?

Just use a disc from a old system of yours.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
Golden Master

WGA was introduced because an increasing amount of people weren't buying legal versions of Microsfot Windows.

I hate WGA as much as the next guy, but it isn't like we didn't bring this on to ourselves.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
In Runtime

I don't have it on my computer.
TheLastWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 AM   #5
cma
Baseband Member

use progam like wintask or (msconfig in command) to stop background program

or maybe use "who lock me" or gipro that can delete it after reboot.

good luck.
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma View Post
use progam like wintask or (msconfig in command) to stop background program

or maybe use "who lock me" or gipro that can delete it after reboot.

good luck.
Ahh disregard what I said. You had it covered with msconfig there just a quick post after a few 2 many beers. +1
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 AM   #7
Site Team

So you hate miscrosoft because they are tring to stop you stealing from them?..the nerve of them.
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

^lol yeah the complete g*ts how dare bill and his gang of thugs do that! cant you just get some WGA remover off the interweb. if you like i could email you the one i have
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

You can't really blame microsoft if your using a cracked copy. Cracked copys are far more unstable, and they don't behave at all the same as a legal copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodude112320 View Post
Ok,At the moment i have a cracked version of Windows XP (Because my computer came with Vista,at the time Sp1 wasnt out) and Auto Updates are switched off.Now im not Encouraging Piracy here,as soon as Sp1 RTM is out i will be using Vista (Yes,it is Legal) and getting rid of XP,But from what i just discovered,Microsoft is croaching on our privacy!

I Was checking my email through Outlook express,and as soon as i would hit the 'send/receive' it would Freeze.So i checked my computers logs and i checked the application errors,i was expecting it to be telling me that 'outlook.exe has crashed' but instead of it telling me that outlook.exe had crashed,it said wga.exe had crashed! (If you dont know what WGA is,Click HERE)

I Pressed CRTL-ALT-DEL and low and behold WGA.exe was running as a process! As soon as i ended it,My PC was more responsive and Outlook would finally work properly! How could it get on there when Automatic updates are swited off,i mean,by me switching that off im blatanly telling microsoft i do not want updates,but they forced WGA.exe onto my computer,im not suprised now when i restart my computer i will not be able to log onto XP because it will want me to activate

Is it just me,Or is this a invasion of privacy???
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
BSOD

Microsoft have always been rubbish

internetprob is offline   Reply With Quote