Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #71
Golden Master

Default Re: I Need A Suggestion About Ram Or A Video Card!

Regular stores generally have higher cost and very limited selections. Newegg is probably the best. Shipping and tax isn't that much for both of those parts.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:54 AM   #72
Baseband Member

I know but I have a problem with buying stuff online.

Chase00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:55 AM   #73
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

No, there's a 6200 OC video card in PCI. Remember the thread some guy made about the fastest PCI video card? And it was the 6200 OC or somethign to that extent. I'll link you to a better video card in PCI then that FX5500 POS.

I would never recommend buying from BestBuy, however, this is the best video card you can buy in PCI interface.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1130987962366
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:56 AM   #74
Solid State Member

Any game you want to buy will have the minimum requirements to be able to run that game. Be aware, tho', that even tho' the game will play on your machine, it will be very jerky, the details will be very rough, if you could see them at all, and the sound might not be very good. Another thing to be concerned about, is heat. With your system, trying to run high-end games will put tremendous loads on your processor, which which could produce so much heat that the computer will just shut down. I agree with the others that to do things right, you need to build a new machine. And go with AMD - benchmarks prove it is faster than Intel.
figero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:56 AM   #75
Golden Master

You can go to CompUSA, PC Club, Best Buy, or your local computer shop.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:59 AM   #76
Baseband Member

Alright. Well figero I don't know if you have been reading but I don't have money to build a new computer. Unless you want to front me $600
Old 04-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #77
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase00
I know but I have a problem with buying stuff online.
Actually buying offline is extremly safe. Buy from a trusted site and buy from where people recommend. Nearly every person on this forum will recommend one site...NewEgg.com Why? Because they are the cheapest, most reliable, fastest shipping online retailer in the PC Business. Heck, every website that reviews PC parts even recommends NewEgg.com, because they're that reliable. If your fear is buying offline, take it from me, I was extremly reluctant to buy offlien the first time I did it. But, after my parts got here very quickly, and without any flaws, I bought again, and again, spending more and more money every time. So, take it from someone who has been in your position, buy online, it's the right thing to do if you want to save money and broaden your comfort zone a little bit.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:03 AM   #78
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by figero
Any game you want to buy will have the minimum requirements to be able to run that game. Be aware, tho', that even tho' the game will play on your machine, it will be very jerky, the details will be very rough, if you could see them at all, and the sound might not be very good. Another thing to be concerned about, is heat. With your system, trying to run high-end games will put tremendous loads on your processor, which which could produce so much heat that the computer will just shut down. I agree with the others that to do things right, you need to build a new machine. And go with AMD - benchmarks prove it is faster than Intel.
If on a budget AMD or Intel doesn't really matter, as both the Celeron D and Sempron both equally suck.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 AM   #79
Baseband Member

Alright well is there a GeForce 6200 256 MB PCI on newegg, cause I can't find one?
Old 04-01-2006, 03:09 AM   #80
Baseband Member

The only video card i saw with PCI slots is the FX 5500 256 MB.