Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #21
Baseband Member

Default Re: I Need A Suggestion About Ram Or A Video Card!

Uh.. Yeah excuse me all of you. You all say save up for a new computer. Well I can't unless I rob a bank.

Chase00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #22
Golden Master

What kind of video card do you have now? What are your specs currently?

Old 04-01-2006, 12:54 AM   #23
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase00
Uh.. Yeah excuse me all of you. You all say save up for a new computer. Well I can't unless I rob a bank.
Go out and get a job then. Im 14 my mom has not given me any money for my computer. I have worked and saved to buy what I have. You could do the same thing.

I have a friend that played cs:s with only 256mb of RAM. I dont know how he did but he did. So what I would suggest is a new video card if you are too lazy to actually go outside and work.
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #24
Baseband Member

Uh. Amish Kid I don't mean to be rude but, I am 15 I am not legally allowed to work. And TRD I don't have a Video CArd. I have a 1.8 GHz Intel Celeron Processor, 384 MB or RAM and that's about it.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:33 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

There are other things you can do. You just have to look. I have a paper route. You could mow peoples lawns, rake leaves, work on a farm, there are a lot of things you can do. You dont have to be 16 to get a job.

EDIT: So wait, you dont have a video card but you are asking if you should get one? [sarcasim] No you shouldnt get one, get memory instead [/sarcasim]
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:34 AM   #26
Golden Master

You must be using the integrated video controllers that is built into the PC. I would recommend at this point to get a 6600GT video card then. RAM should be fine, although it's always nice to have more. I would put the video card as the first priority.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:36 AM   #27
Baseband Member

Alright thanks Corolla, and AMish Kid, I live in ARIZONA, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GRASS HERE! There are rocks, sand and cacti. No offense if you catch a hint of rudeness.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #28
Golden Master

384MB RAM is enough for now. My laptop uses shared RAM too and I also have 384 after 128MB is allocated to the ATi Xpress video. It will be fine. After the video card upgrade, then get some memory later on.

Long after the upgrade is finished and you want to get more out of your PC, then I recommend doing a whole new PC build or buy a new system.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:43 AM   #29
Baseband Member

That is what I Plan on doing after I get money, but for now I just needed to know if a video card or upgrading to a higher RAM amount would be better. So get the GeForce 6600GT?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:46 AM   #30
Golden Master

I wish you can do both at the same time. Yeah, get the video card. You are at the minimum RAM for nealy most games out there.