i need some help

omdMA

Solid State Member
i did a system recovery, it obviously deleted everything. is there anyway to get the files back? i have a sound card and its not even registering that its hooked up, i went threw the control panel and its not even in the system.

oh and its windows XP, the computer is a compaq presario, model sr1610nx

There's plenty of software to restore deleted files, yea. Some on will pop up in a minute and recommend one i'm sure.

As far as your sound card goes, you should open the device manager and check to see if you need to install drivers for it

i really have no idea how to do the drivers or device manager thing. im not computer literate at all.

Right click my computer then click the 'Hardware' tab at the top, then click Device Manager. Any devices that are classified as unknown or that have a yellow exclamation mark next to it need driver updates (drivers are little pieces of software which tell the computer what the device is). To install a driver you can ever google the device name followed by the word driver and find the relevant one or right click it and click update driver or install driver or whatever it's says (can't remember because i've not had this issue in ages). Or right-click the device and click properties, you can either troubleshoot from the first tab or click the driver tab and follow the instructions on there.

i clicked into my computer but there isnt any hardware tab. maybe you could instant message me
craigwatsupdudge on aim. thanks

ok im in the device manager i did some clicking around...

now my computer is randomely restarting itself

Back
Top Bottom