I need recommendation about graphic card for my PC !!!!!

unicornfirst

Beta member
Hi there, I have an Acer PC with NVIDIA GeForce 9200 (256mb) integrated. I want to upgrade my gphic card to 512mb or 1gb for gaming. However, my power supply is only 220W and I really don't want to spend extra money on it. Do you have any recommendation for a graphic card with 220W power supply??
My PC specs:
Processor Type AMD Athlon II X2 255 (2x3.1 GHz) RAM 3 GB DDR3 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9200 OS: Window 7 Home Premium Power Supply: 220WMonitor: Max Res 1366x768 VGA output onlyLink for my pc: Acer Aspire AMD Athlon II X2 255 Computer (AX3400-E4202) : Desktop Computers - Future Shop

It is a tiny pc. You will need to outfit it in a new case and a new powersupply if you want any significant upgrade.

yeah i agree. you will need to spend a fair amount of money to get that pc to play recent games.
i suggest you look at prices for a new gaming pc? they are fairly cheep now.

It really depends on what games you want to play. You can throw money at the PC until you're broke, or you can configure it for as little as $400 for a decent mid range gaming PC. If you can give us a budget (realistic) we can work within that and come up with some good ideas.

Let's say my budget is $500. Will i get a pc for playing games that require 512MB graphics card memory ??
Thanks

I'm not sure about the cost of components in the mighty US of A, but I'd imagine that it is possible within $500 - You get taxed a lot less than us in the UK.

One thing you should bare in mind though, is it's not about the amount of memory you have - well, not the only consideration. The GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) is equally important, and there's plenty of GPU's that are useless for any sort of realistic gaming while still being coupled with up to 2GB of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom