Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default I need one of *these* but don't know what their name is

See how on that card it has that 25 pin header, and then that ribbon cable that connects to it and then to a pci bracket, well I need that. I need the ribbon cable/bracket thing. I have a LPT port on my motherboard (well not a port just the pin header) but I need a way to get it to the back of my pc, I have of these things for my COM port, but I forget the exact name of it, and now I need one just for my LPT port, but I can't find where to buy one because I don't know the name of it.

You understand what I'm asking?

I *could* just buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-2-Port-Paral...item19b7bd105f and just use the cable, (for reasons I don't want to get into, I need to use my motherboard's LPT, I can't use a usb adapter or a PCI card) but I'm paying like 15 bucks, throwing away the card, and just using the cable, kind of a rip off if you ask me.

i want a laptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: I need one of *these* but don't know what their name is

If you need it then you are not throwing your money away. It may cost more for just the piece you need, if you can even find it. Here is how i look at scenario's like this; buy this part for $15.00. If you don't need the rest of it, save it. You never know when you may just need it later on down the road.

How about this? http://www.buy.com/prod/startech-com...205561390.html
familyman is offline   Reply With Quote