I need MORE Help!!!!!!!!

Holysky

Fully Optimized
i have been running an old emachines pc for three years now, i dont know what is wrong, all that happens is that it crashed about a month before. When i turn on the screen goes half black half red but then goes to windows. it takes a long time to start up an when i do, something weird happens. When its just sitting there the hour glass flashes about every 1 or half of a second. i cant open up the internet, McAfee or basically everythign wont come up. please tell em if you now about this problem. oh yea an also it takes about 15 minutes to shut down, it just goes to the shutting down screen and nothing happens for a long time. the longest was 4 hours. please help! The Fan is VERY loud

Windows Xp

What i did:

1 i did defrag it and it didnt do anything

2 I restart the pc about 100 times (in closet now) about 1 month ago

and the specs are

2.80GHz celeron D processor

1 gig of ram

80 gig hardrive

i have no internet and i cant download ccleaner, how do you get onto safe mode? BTW it has a lot of tasks running all the time. and its stuck on windows xp (modified) and it is set to windows classic and nothing can get minimized to it!

yea, just put it here because nobody really reads the post under trouble shooting

Your hard drive may be going bad. Have a read through this: Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Hard Drives.

If that checks out fine, you could also have a bad power supply. If it's not supplying enough power, it can cause problems such as you describe.

What fan exactly is "VERY" loud? Make sure the CPU fan is clean and operating properly.

Kinda like this:
amdheatsinkandfanho3.jpg

yes thats it lol, i was cleaning it about 30 mins ago

btw i am runnign the hardrive thing as we speak and it told me to that it would scan when i restart AND it is taking the long time to shut down.......

im in safe mode and my McAfee security system wont open. is there any built in virus scans for windows xp?

I also notice that everytime the hourglass shows ( about every half a second) its fan produces more air for that amount of time. it is kindia in rythm.

hourglass increase noise for that .5 of a second

Back
Top Bottom