i need help and fast, plz:) 7600gt again

pike8

In Runtime
pls ppl, help as fast as you can. i have a chance to buy a evga 7600GT KO card for a nice price from one guy. the problem is that i was reading on one forum that this KO cards are having problems like freezing, artifacts and stuff. what do you think, should i buy it?

pls answer, tomorrow i must decide will i buy it or not. as i said, i've heard that certain people have problems with these cards. on the other hand, i've heard that this is very very good card (this particular card that i want to buy works on 580/1500). the problem is that this card is bought in other country, it's new, but it's difficult to get a warranty if something goes wrong. but i have a test period to try it, is it possible to conclude is the card good or not just after maybe one hour of testing? i will try it with 3dmark, some games... and if it all works fine, does it mean that this card is "safe" to buy? can i be sure that card won't make me troubles after just one hour of testing?

Well all cards will have problems even if people give them the best reviews. Evga is a pretty good company so I would look into it a bit more. Compare it to the normal evga 7600GT and see if people are getting the same problem. Also problems like freezing and artifacts usually occur because the card overheats, so if you have some decent cooling then I would go for it.

and may i install some other cooling to it myself? because coolers aren't so expensive, and if that can solve things, than there's no problem

pike8 said:
and may i install some other cooling to it myself? because coolers aren't so expensive, and if that can solve things, than there's no problem
I wouldnt buy that card ,Its not a very stable card even with the updated drivers.

i have asked ppl on some other forum, here is what they suggested me to do to test the card:
3DMark06 a few times.
ATITool "Detect Artifacts" for a few hours.
Play some games.

if the card passes all this, does it mean that it's ok, and that i should buy it?

man if i were you i would go for it

theyre great cards....very fast...its all about cooling..thats the only reason why people get artifacts most of the time is because of overheating!

just make sure your wires are neat and not showing everywhere...then make sure you watch the temp on it (nvidia driver thing)...and see if its doing fine...if it starts to artifact get some more fans for you case

Back
Top Bottom