I need help to Clone a HD.

Okay, I built a computer for my brother, well the hd was not working when he got it, so I just used an old crappy HD I have laying around until newegg sends him out a new one. Well he got the new one back, so, I need help on what to use to clone the hdd to get it to the new hhd.

I have read up on Ghost 2003. But are there any freeware ones that work good?

Thanks in advanced! :)

Had you said that you looked on google already, yes, he would be an @$$ for that. However since you didn't, I see that as more of a "pointing you in the right direction"

I have only used ghost, and I've never had a problem with it. If you want free, you can always get it free on "the good sites"

P.S. I've moved this to a more appropriate section.

so far for my home use and at my job Symantec Ghost 10 works the best and we've had no problems. You can even create a ghost image on a network machine and ghost that image back onto another machine or hdd through the network. The easeiest is HDD to HDD though, and it transfers extremely fast that way. i'd give it a 10/10. The only good Symantec product to date

Had you said that you looked on google already, yes, he would be an @$$ for that. However since you didn't, I see that as more of a "pointing you in the right direction"

I have only used ghost, and I've never had a problem with it. If you want free, you can always get it free on "the good sites"

P.S. I've moved this to a more appropriate section.
exactly. i found some useful pages on that google search so i posted my the link.
i see its not appreciated. ill drag my "a$$" on up to bed now. good night

if you are familar with the ways and means you can aquire ghost very easily cos thats all i have ever used

Ghost is ok, but there are loads of problems using it with vista, and it cant do a linux image, acronis can do that and loads more. :)

Ghost is ok, but there are loads of problems using it with vista, and it cant do a linux image, acronis can do that and loads more. :)

thats the one thing i havent tried ghost on yet , vista but if you say it cant do it i need to find something new and as for linux i dont use that anymore although imay switch back in time

Back
Top Bottom