I need help changing my current computer build

So I'm deciding to go on a build my own path, that way I can get EXACTLY what I would like. although ibuypower.com has a nice array of items to choose from. actually most of the things I am getting are available on the site. EXCEPT for the corsair type RAM i want to get for my rigg. I think thats whats actually stopping me from buying from them and just buying the parts and building it on my own.

This is what I will be getting-

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14309988

Do I need anything else??? missing something?? thermal paste perhaps?

Also, what do you think about the compatibility with everything in retrospect to eachother. I want a reliable computer. I wont be overclocking.

the hitachi Hard drive>?? or should I go WD??? every opinion welcome :)
You said you wouldn't be overclocking, just go with a cheaper X58 board, it will be fine for you and you'll save some money. This MSI supports CF and SLi as well.

The performance difference between the 2GB 285 and the 1GB is negligible, don't bother spending anything extra on it, you could get an HD 4870 X2 for that price.
GTX 285 1GB

And like I said previously, you do not need DDR3 1600, i7 just doesn't need the bandwidth and you'd be spending more money for no reason. Go with a 3x2GB DDR3 1333 kit.

You'll also want a SATA disk drive, much smaller and neater cables than IDE. Here.

And if you're going to spend that much on a PSU, make it modular.

EDIT: Sucks that all 24" are 1920x1080 now.

well I think it would be that mobo or the asus pt6 deluxe v2 mobo. I will change the optical drive for sure!
Whats most popular optical drive out now?

and 1600 is too much for my non clocked processor? and what if i decided to OC later on?

what does modular mean?

well I think it would be that mobo or the asus pt6 deluxe v2 mobo.
The MSi I listed has every feature you need. No need to pay more.
Whats most popular optical drive out now?
I linked to a good one.
and 1600 is too much for my non clocked processor?
It's not "too much", it's just that even overclocked, i7 has no need for higher bandwidth memory, you'd be wasting your money.
what does modular mean?
Here you go.

everyone agree on the 1333 over the 1600 DDR3 ram for my build?

its gonna be a big purchase so I want to be sure :p hey i was anal about ibuypower having crappy ram. :p well

the modular PSU does sound nice without having unused cables. How about the quality of the xigmatek vs that of the corsair? Guess ill have to do a little more research. Everything else seems fine though

everyone agree on the 1333 over the 1600 DDR3 ram for my build?
Here's some proof I posted earlier:
http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=3589
the modular PSU does sound nice without having unused cables. How about the quality of the xigmatek vs that of the corsair? Guess ill have to do a little more research. Everything else seems fine though
The Xigmateks and the Corsair TX series are both manufactured by CWT, they are of the same good quality.
its gonna be a big purchase so I want to be sure :p hey i was anal about ibuypower having crappy ram. :p well
Yep, that's why I was being very persistant with my points. I didn't want you to waste your money. :)

Thats a very good read worshipme. I enjoyed it. now..to get a C6 1333 memory kit :) O would cas7 be well enough? sicne I only see mushkin with a cas6. what would u suggest? Im checking newegg, and i dont see any corsair xms3 1333's with a low cas. and the 1600 cas8 seem to be on par with a cas7 1333.

Wait, found this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145250

7-7-7-20 1333 Corsair XMS3 for 120. With no reviews ... :/

or I could go

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224
8-8-8-24 1600 Corsair Dominator for 160 with good reviews.

also
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145242
but they are currently out of stock, but 15 dollars cheaper than the other 1600 ram

my head hurts i think ill go to bed now

60+/- doesnt matter much to me for quality

I also see why you are pushing the MSI mobo on me!! =O. but i think im still going with the evga :p if you could help with that one. there are a couple on newegg that differ. if you could help me choose one. they all look the same to me:) ( please dont say if it looks the same get an MSI, because i feel that coming!)

I read some reviews about the xigmatek PSU running hot? but better reviews for the Corsair PSU...
Im not biased over either one, so if there any important details to look at in a PSU. I am all ears.

You really don't need Corsair memory. There are many other great brands available that would be perfect for your needs. I stand by the G.Skill kit I recommended earlier.

If you really want an EVGA mobo, then this one will be fine, it still has 6 phase power and everything you need.
I read some reviews about the xigmatek PSU running hot? but better reviews for the Corsair PSU...
They are almost identical PSUs. Newegg reviewers don't have a clue what they are talking about for the most part.

"Cooling system fails. That huge fan doesnt move any air and rather just lets all back into my case. I feel the outside of my case where the PSU is and it feels warm to the tough, the PSU itself is hot to the touch. Its getting sent back as soon as I find a spare PSU."

^^ Evidence. The fan sucks air from the case and exhausts it out the back, that is why the rear is warm to the touch.

Back
Top Bottom