I need help!!!!

guitardude777

In Runtime
I was just defragmenting my hard drive and all of a sudden the drive just starting making one continuous click every 1 second or so; it sounded like it was stuck. I'm pretty sure it failed. You don't think I lost any of my data do you? Becuase right when I heard it start making that noise I shut the computer off. Now when I turn the computer on, it doesn't even detect the drive and the drive just starts making the continuous click again. It's a 250gb 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda drive. I really hope I didn't loose any data on the drive, because it was all pretty important.

1. yea the reading mechanism probably failed
2. you basically lost all your data, unless you want to pay 1000 dollars for some company to put the discs inside the drive into another drive

Well I'm really bummed out right now; I have the hard drive in the freezer and I'm gonna leave it in there overnight. Maybe I can get some running time out of it so I can recover some stuff. At least all of my pictures are backed up and mos t of my music. It's a Seagate and it's still under warranty, so I'm sure Seagate will give me a new drive.

tried that before with a HDD that was in an xbox that was dropped down a full flight of stairs, didnt work at all.

Maybe I can get just enough running time out of it to copy all of the important data onto my other hd or something.

Back
Top Bottom