Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: I need help!

Originally Posted by Kage
Hehe, I just think the Silent Eagles are best. You just can't hear them... yet they cool great for something you can't hear...

For a well designed case, they are definietly best, as it'd have good airflow within it anyway, so you don't need terribly loud and powerful fans to get the most out of it.

Mooseman, what fans you have in them at the moment? Are they just cheap and tacky ones that are probably pushing less than 5CFM or something?
right now i have the 2 120mm fans that came in the side and back (led) that run at about 800RPM, they don't really move 2 much...then the top 80mm which doesn't move much eather. i put in my 3-speed fan that i baught aftermarket and it's in the front on the mid speed, something like 1200-1500RPMs

.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: I need help!

It might help then getting the Silent Eagles, but the 120mm ones spin at 1000RPM, and the 80mm 2000 version spins at 2000RPM. They move alot of air though because of the golf type design, that supposedly cuts out on air restrictions, without having to spin any faster.

Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote