I need help !

guys check this shit out...........
ADDED 1 HDRIVE 146GB SEAGATE 3.5MS ULTRA 320 68PIN at $369.00 each.

Part # Status Manufacturer Description Price Quantity Total
ST3146854LW 5 IN STOCK Seagate HDRIVE 146GB SEAGATE 3.5MS ULTRA 320 68PIN $369.00 $369.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $369.00
beats the $1000+ price from new egg.... iwonder if its a new drive though

mr.monger said:
no that has terrible timings! get the crucial ballistix like the ones in my sig, just 4 sticks of 512 instead of 2. in the reviews, someone got a cas latency of 1.5!!!! that is prolly the fastest ram ive seen. but sadly, it doesnt oc insanely well or anything.

Cas 1.5 is slower than Cas 2 on any motherboard except for the DFI SLI-DR Expert. And with 4 sticks of RAM, its stresses the memory controller a lot and hinders your overclock. You might not be able to run 1T either. So, no and crucial ballistix arent that great for 512 sticks. Samsung TCCD is better.

Do you have a SCSI controller? You'll need that with those HDD's, they're SCSI format. Stick with S-ATA, if you don't want to fool with SCSI, which gets real expensive, real fast.

ownage said:
Cas 1.5 is slower than Cas 2 on any motherboard except for the DFI SLI-DR Expert. And with 4 sticks of RAM, its stresses the memory controller a lot and hinders your overclock. You might not be able to run 1T either. So, no and crucial ballistix arent that great for 512 sticks. Samsung TCCD is better.

dude you have no idea what your saying. you want LOWER cas not higher. and 1.5 is faster on any mobo than 2. also, tccd modules are used for ddr2 i believe, but im not entirely sure on this. also, if your going 2 gigs, you would want 4x512 because they will oc better and have better timings. im not sure if you will be able to get 1.5-2-2-6 1t though. i havent been able to try because my mobo doesnt go that low.

mr.monger said:
dude you have no idea what your saying. you want LOWER cas not higher. and 1.5 is faster on any mobo than 2. also, tccd modules are used for ddr2 i believe, but im not entirely sure on this. also, if your going 2 gigs, you would want 4x512 because they will oc better and have better timings. im not sure if you will be able to get 1.5-2-2-6 1t though. i havent been able to try because my mobo doesnt go that low.

'Fraid you're wrong, actually. Ownage is very knowledgeable in the memory department. TCCD is used in DDR, but it is rather rare, now. As he said, 4 sticks stresses the memory controller and if you'll look on reviews for motherboards and people have 4 sticks of memory in them, they will pretty much all say (unless it is a really, really nice motherboard) that their memory runs at 333 MHz. This is what happens when you have 4 sticks.

Back
Top Bottom