I need 2 new monitors (very confused)

Why doesn't refresh rate matter anymore?? Lcds still have resfresh rates right?
Sorry been out of the loop for awhile

Now you getting me scared guys lol, will the Samsung http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096
Be a good investment for me or not? Will it be better in gaming rather then my old AccuSync 120????

I also found out that this particular model of Samsung comes in 4 different versions a-c & s. S is the best, made by Samsung and everything else is a bit worse, you can find out what version you have only by opening the box its behind the wires, I found it here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/52550-3-review-samsung-226bw-read-b4ubuy
scroll down just a few pots and u will find people talking about it...but overall from what I can tell all versions for the most part have the same performance (after celebration)

By the way I only have 1 vid card X1950XTX from ati can i still run dual monitors on it?

Yeah, thats a good card, and will support dual monitor desktops/videos etc easily.

To answer your question, that seems like a good monitor yeah, but personally, I wouldn't go widescreen.
Some games won't support it, so you'll get ugly black lines, or stretching at worst.
But thats just my opinion. A lot of people are happy with wide screens, but for me, thats just not much of a gamer, it'd be more of a hamper.

Well after doing lots of research, I have my mind set on the 226 Samsung version, but I just found out that the new version of 226 Samsung is coming out soon the 226CW

Does anyone know when??? And how much will it cost? And will it be really worth it, buying this new model instead of the previous one the 226BW, because I think the new model will cost like $600

I can really use any information regarding this mater, unfortunately I can't find anything regarding the when will the new model hit the stores.

The only thing that is really bothering me is the Height of 226BW, because its widescreen it's not as high as my current one, here are the specs. I mean I have a nice big screen right now that I really like, but because it's CRT it's taking way 2 much space on my table, and I mean if I'm going to upgrade I really don't want less of the screen if you know what I mean...The hight difference is -4.3 inch! and the width diff is only +0.68! So correct me if im wrong but in a long run I will be loosing 3.62 inch...hmm that not what i hd in mind...and the 24 inch samsung costs like $500+

Samsung

Width = 20.3 in

Depth h = 8.6 in

Height = 16.6 in

Weight = 11.7 lbs

Accusync 120

Height = 20.09 in.

Width = 19.62 in.

Depth = 20.17 in.

Weight = 66.15 lb.

I ain't 100 percent on this, but i know when they measure a crt diagonally 17 inches is really only 16 inches of viewing space cause they measure everything. On a lcd when you mesaure 17 inches it is really 17 inches. So on your 21 inch you get around 20 inches of viewing space, and on the lcd you are thinking about getting you would get 24 inches of vewing space plus the widesreen. Don't worry they aren't ripping you off.

Back
Top Bottom