I need 2 new monitors (very confused)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Sup guys & girls

I decided that I need to upgrade my old “NEC AccuSync 120-BK White 21" CRT Monitor” To a 2 nice LCD monitors.

Here are the specs for my current monitor “NEC AccuSync 120-BK White 21" CRT Monitor” http://reviews.cnet.com/crt-monitors/nec-technologies-inc-accusync/4507-3175_7-4841785.html?tag=sub

What I am interested in, are monitors for Gaming and maybe movies sometimes, but mostly high end gaming about 21”-23”inch. I definitely need 2, because it will be very comfortable for me to be playing games likes WoW on one screen and be surfing the Web on the other screen. If it wouldn't be for the size of my current monitor, I would have just bought 1, but because it's so big, buying another monitor, my desk will jut not have enough space… I was using my current monitor for about 5 years now, and its great, but just 2big, I mean 66lbs LOL that's nuts.

What are the important factors in monitor specs when it comes to games? I heard different opinions from different people regarding CRT vs LCD. Some people say CRT's are better for gaming, other say they suck…so I'm confused. I mean if I will make this switch I definitely want my 2 new LCD monitors to be at least equal in performance to my CRT, but preferably better. To be honest its hard for me to determine the budget, but I would say $600 for both, but if its some really good monitor I might be willing to pay more…

PS: Maybe I decide to rearrange my room that way I will have enough space on my desk for another monitor with my CRT, so if I decide to do that, what is the best Gaming monitor on the market? By the way are wide screen good for gaming? Games like CS 1.6?

This is my current setup

DSC05874.jpg

Thanks.

here, this monitor looks real nice and should fit your needs well:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236011

a good gaming monitor usually has a response time less than 6 ms. size is really your choice no matter what, but 19 inch or larger (preferably wide screen) are the best for gaming.

EDIT-- if you dont live in the US, im pretty sure you can find that monitor or something similar on just about any website.

Well when lcd mointers were first introduced they used to be crap for gaming compared to the crt (mostly from there high response time). But now that some years have passed lcd are as good if not better than a crt for gaming.

Like FlightSimBoy said a response time less than 6 ms is good for gaming but you can even get some that have a response time of 2 ms. You will also want a moniter with a refresh rate of at least 75hz so it is easy on the eyes after hours of gaming.

As for the widesreen some people like it some hate. But most games can support widesreen format. So thats up to you.

Hope this helped.

those 2 monitors are really about the same, and you would probably get just about the same performance out of both.

narrow it down to this: do you want one with built in speakers or not? if yes, the Asus one is for you. if no, the Samsung would be great. If a difference of 20 dollars matters, the Asus is the cheaper one.

I'm siding more with the Samsung on this one, only because its a name brand appliance

LCD's are still not as good as CRT's for gaming

#1: Refresh rate, not a huge deal anymore however.
#2: Resolution, LCD's only look great at native resolution, which is usually fairly high. Running at a high resolution decreases gaming performance highly.

Yeah, I have to admit that. Annoys me how I have to run at one resoloution at all times, yet, LCD's are more portable...
As for the refresh rate, this goes to 80hz. my CRT only goes up to 75hz. But since LCD's use different technology to display, you don't notice lines or anything anyway.

Yeah, I have to admit that. Annoys me how I have to run at one resoloution at all times, yet, LCD's are more portable...
As for the refresh rate, this goes to 80hz. my CRT only goes up to 75hz. But since LCD's use different technology to display, you don't notice lines or anything anyway.

Yeah CRT's can commonly get shearing and stuff like that which looks bad.

You're preaching to the choir about CRT weight, I go lanning about once a month, and yeah kills me.

Back
Top Bottom