i just finished building my first computer!

sef24

Baseband Member
so yep my last one was like 7 years old and i just had to get a new one.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8022/homeentertain.jpg

more importantly i happy i did it myself, read reviews, looked at my things to choose from and got what i want! had some trouble earlier with it not staying powered on but found the problem and everything is well.

my components are:

coolmaster full tower 932
intel i5 core processor
corsair ddr3 2x2g ram(4g)
1tb western digital hard drive 7200
xfx radeon 5770 1gb v-card
dvd/cd hard drive
windows 7 home premium
gigabyte p55-ud6 motherboard
corsair 750w power supply

now to get some wow/crysis/everything else to try it on!

Mazaltof and congrats. Nice piece of machinery. Show us some inside pics if you get a chance.

oh god the cables are a mess, well kinda. more like a big ball lol. some are hidden on the back side of the tower which is what the little holes are for. ill try to thow up some ghetto pics soon hehe.

last night while downloading wow i left it on and went to sleep. 5 hours later(4am) i woke up and it was all good, fell asleep, woke up 15 mins later and found it was off. turned it on and everything was going but the monitor wasnt showing anything. though now at 8 am its working fine.

no idea what happened there but it was 4 in the morning and i was half asleep. so i wont panic unless it happens again hehe.

Man, I remember my first PC build. I Nitpicked that thing for weeks. I probably created more problems in my head then I actually had.

Now I build a PC in 20-30 mins install the OS Etc. 1hr-1.5 hours normally unattended and test it for 30 mins or so then send it out the door. Unless the computer build is a P-180 case from Antec. then you can add 2 hours and a lot of cussing to that time.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5349/getattachmentys.jpg

is how it looks now hehe, a bit messy. no clips to hold the wires together for now. ill do that in a few days probably. right now i just wanna test out on what this can do hehe.

now that ive done it once with nearly no info other then the manuel (which this cases manuel is horrible) and some videos on youtube, it doenst seem "too" difficult for next time. should cut the 6 hours to 3 or less.
the main problem i was having yesterday was that it could auto shut off every 3-15 seconds continually.
first it was every 3 seconds, which i then seen i didnt have the cpu power plugged in, this changed it to 15 seconds rebooting at startup.
then i seen the ram needed to be put in the two white slides and not the three blue.
which then fixed the problem :)

Back
Top Bottom