I installed the wrong ram :(

Oh i believe I'm capable. I was lost at first but now I'm just getting second opinions. I figured out what was wrong on my own. Obviously I know what I'm doing because I figured out the 2 DIMM maximum of 1600 RAM for my board and what the LED lights mean. Which led me to troubleshoot the PSU. Then a nice fellow confirmed this for me. The whole thing was due to going to the wrong link when I decided to order, and then trusting that it was the right part (big mistake). So the combination of too much ram and a 2nd GPUs were too much for my PSU. I didn't realize a PCI GPU would require as much power as a PCI Express (I'm sure it doesn't but enough). Like I said, I haven't had the need to upgrade my personal computer until it crapped out on me. I haven't played games or done anything CPU intensive in about 6 years so I never had a reason to upgrade. I had to learn the hard way :p And this is the first time I'm able to upgrade my work computer.

Everything works now so thanks for everybodies help! :) I appreciate it. Now I can get back to modeling and coordinating... yay! lol

Uncle Bob, I'd recommend you professional help at this point. You obviously don't know what you're doing.

Are you retarded?

Oh i believe I'm capable. I was lost at first but now I'm just getting second opinions. I figured out what was wrong on my own. Obviously I know what I'm doing because I figured out the 2 DIMM maximum of 1600 RAM for my board and what the LED lights mean. Which led me to troubleshoot the PSU. Then a nice fellow confirmed this for me. The whole thing was due to going to the wrong link when I decided to order, and then trusting that it was the right part (big mistake). So the combination of too much ram and a 2nd GPUs were too much for my PSU. I didn't realize a PCI GPU would require as much power as a PCI Express (I'm sure it doesn't but enough). Like I said, I haven't had the need to upgrade my personal computer until it crapped out on me. I haven't played games or done anything CPU intensive in about 6 years so I never had a reason to upgrade. I had to learn the hard way :p And this is the first time I'm able to upgrade my work computer.

Everything works now so thanks for everybodies help! :) I appreciate it. Now I can get back to modeling and coordinating... yay! lol

Don't mind JXi... his rep should tell you everything.

Looks like your problem is solved and you won't be needing any other help. Power supplies are a touchy subject when it comes to computers. I've been running my rig on a 450W power supply and I know I'm pushing it to the limit, however I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.

Good luck with everything.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom