I have a stupid question

lurkswithin said:
do you have a sound card or is it integrated to your mobo. In slaving the drive you may have loosened the sound card in the slot. turn your system off and remove it and reseat it firmly back in.

Let me check on that brother.

Be right Back.

AmericanSensei

Ok I opened it up, and no sound card, It's Integrated on my MB. I have the 3 jacks on the back of the comp. (IN, OUT, MIC). Then I have a Jumper type like cable going from the MB to 1 more Audio jack on the back.

AmericanSensei

ok, then go to device manager and see if the sound is ok. If there are any yellow ! or ? or even possibly a red X let me know

Theres a ( ? ) on -Multimedia Audio Controller.

Status is The drivers for the device are not installed.

To Reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I did, and got this.

The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the neccessary software.

I have no software for this.

AmericanSensei

It is on your motherboard drivers disc if you built the unit. If not they are located somewhere in your restore disc... The best bet would to go to the manufacturer's web site and locate the information for your model and then look for the drivers for your sound. They should be listed . DL to your computer then go back to device manager and then to the sound card and choose to uninstall the drivers. This will remove the sound card and then reboot. upon booting windows wizard will find and install the new drivers.

Appreciate the swift help LW. ;)

Let me go check out the Manuf. site, and see if I can find those drivers.

AmericanSensei

i just searched google...... found this thread and registered here....
I have the exact same problem as american sensei, up untill the end there. he went to find the manufacturer's site. but my "Multimedia Audio Controller" in the device manager says the manufacturer is "unknown".
i just reinstalled windows today, the sound worked this morning, but not since i redid it.

can someone please help me out? i have the cd in now that came with my computer in '02... it has a list of drivers for me to install, but none of them look right and none of them showed up when the computer searched for something to reinstall with.

i don't know what else to do :-/

Back
Top Bottom