I have a laptop with at&t DSL and what do I have to buy to make my laptop wireless?

jimmy2o9

Baseband Member
I have a laptop with at&t DSL and what do I have to buy to make my laptop wireless?

Re: I have a laptop with at&t DSL and what do I have to buy to make my laptop wireles

So you have DSL running through your phone lines, correct? Basically what you would do is get a wireless router and connect your DSL modem to it. The laptop would connect wirelessly to the router, which connects to the modem giving you Internet. That is based on the assumption that the laptop already has a wireless card in it. If not, you also need to buy either a USB or PCMCIA wireless card.

Re: I have a laptop with at&t DSL and what do I have to buy to make my laptop wireles

Best way to get wireless is to buy stuff that has no wires attached? Am I right men?

Best way to get wireless is to buy stuff that has no wires attached? Am I right men?

Yet another unhelpful post from you. Big surprise.

To OP, if your laptop has a wireless card built in, all you need is a router that has the G standard. You will see more expensive routers offering the "N" standard, but it's wasted money unless you explicitly know that you have an N card in your laptop. Let me know if you have further questions.

Back
Top Bottom