I have an IDE to SATA adapter...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
and I can't get it to work...

I'm running 4 hdds, 1 SATA and 3 IDE, I also have a DVD burner (IDE), so all of my IDE connections are used up, I have an ASUS P5NSLI, so I have 3 additional SATA connections on my mobo that aren't being used, I'm trying to connect an IDE hdd to one of those connections using the adapter, but it won't recognize the drive...

any suggestions...? the hdd is spinning, so it's getting power...

I would try setting that IDE jumper to CS just in case if you haven't done so already. Is it being recognized in the BIOS? Since your IDE hard drive is now running off of SATA controller now, you may need SATA drivers.

also have you tried the windows drive manage and importing foreign data,

i had to do that with a friend hardrive when he added it, it wasnt recognised in my computer but it was in device manager and bios,

so check device manager and bios and if it shows up in them, then google about importing foreign data, it was bout 3 years ago when that happened so i cant remember the exct steps

I switched around a few things and have discovered that all the SATA to IDE adapter does is create a new IDE connection using the SATA ports on the mobo, the drives that are attached don't show up as SATA connections in the bios, they show up as IDE connections, which does me no good, because both of my master and slave IDE connections are full...

Back
Top Bottom