I have an HP DV2310 laptop with Vista I want to restore to factory...

bdub84

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have and HP DV2310 laptop that is running windows Vista. I jst recently sold the laptop and I was to restore the operating system so that it is like it came from the factory. How do I go about doing this? The only CD that it came with was a "Windows Anytime Upgrade" windows Vista disc.

do you still have the "back-up" partition? that should have come with your HP. You should be able to see it in "My-Computer". If so, just run it, it'll restore it to factory settings.

But will the new owner be able to get any of the old info/files that were on it before?

And I have "Local Disk C" and "HP Recovery D"

Just go to the recovery partition and run the recovery program, I'm not sure if that formats the drive before it restores it or not though. If it formats, you won't have to worry about people being able to recover your info.

But will the new owner be able to get any of the old info/files that were on it before?

And I have "Local Disk C" and "HP Recovery D"

ok do this.
Take off whatever files you want...so back it up...then interest a vista disk....boot it...format the disk, install vista. Once you get into the OS...just run the Recovery Disk program...therefore, you know the drive is formatted. Just make sure you load on the same OS...aka Vista to run the Recovery, you wouldn't be able to run the Recovery if you load Xp.

Ok, so I put the CD in and restarted to boot from it. I get the option to install or repair the OS. I tried going into repair to do a "system restore" and a "windows complete PC restore", but it says there are no restore points. The only othere thing I can do is install it. I don't want to go through with that then have 2 copies of Vista on there. If it even works that way.

Thoughts?

Ok, I went through with the installation and just deleted both partitions and am reinstalling the OS now. Thanks for your guys' help.

on my HP if you hit F11 at start up it will run the system recovery. hp said this is what you would use to return it to the way they had it when you bought it.

Back
Top Bottom