I have a genuine product key, but currently run an illegal one

I like the idea of borrowing someone elses disc. People always borrow my XP HOME or XP PRO CD's for this reason. I also insist on using my own copy during installs since my copy's have SP2 embedded.

Thanks for all the support, guys!

Unfortunately, it turns out my original product key was for XP Home and I was running XP Pro. We knew this when my dad rang their office. They hardly listened to our story and weren't remotely interested. They then said we had one option - is it an option if we have no other options? - and trapped us into paying £92 for a new product key.

However, it was worth it: the OS was converted seamlessly without trouble. What I don't like is some people who don't pay for product keys ever, complaining that Microsoft are too rich. But there's always a day of reckoning, right? People should know when to buck up and cough up the dough. They're a super business, what do we expect?

But ... Oh, yeah, I think the WGA tool was ransomware in a way. Pay us or we will litter your PC will crap. Serves us right, I suppose. :D

What's everyone else's opinion?

lol I have the internet key and I dont have that?, oo wait becuase I dont use windows update and use www.softwarepatch.com , way more easyer and takes up less ram that windows update uses when updating.

Back
Top Bottom