I have a dead Dell Inspiron!!!!!!

scottabe

Beta member
I just installed some additional RAM into a Dell Inspiron 2650 after which I rebooted to find this particular laptop dead. This computer is a friends that was running very slow and he asked for me to clean it up and add the RAM. I'm not familar we repairing a dead laptop and need some ideas on how to get this POS up and running again.

I'm tapped out of ideas....please let me know what I could try to restore. Thanks~

Uhmmm, maybe like, remove the additional RAM????? (stupid answer but you never said you did this yet).

Yes, definately retrace your steps. Now you didn't give much information, Step would be to remove the additional Ram. You said you cleaned it out, did you clean the dust, or clean the HD of errors? Also, what happens when you try to power up the machine, does it beep, and lights flash?.

I'm interested to know, before did it go to a black and white screen with options Safe Mode Connection Safe Mode Run Windows like Normal and have some sort of Unmountabl_Boot_Volvno and go to a blue screen with white codes saying it has shut down to prevent damage?

hmmmm. probably the ram isnt supported by ur inspiron. im not a big favorer of dell, i go more with laptops like alienware(which was purchased by dell... damn) so now with the additional ram ur laptop just doesnt turn on. How old is the laptop, and were did u get this ram. was it in n antistatic package before you took it out? Is the ram ddr or sdram. and the speed?

Back
Top Bottom