I have 3 options, which one to pick?

I would go with #1, however I would not go with the 650D. Even thought it's an amazing case, it's also very outdated. Well over 3 years old.

Meh. Cases are personal preference, IMHO. If you get one from a reputable company, almost all are going to do what they're designed to do. I've ordered a multitude of cases from different companies over the years for customer builds and I've never gotten one I wanted to send back. I always read through the features, compare prices with others, and settle on one I think I like best.

I would also go with a Western Digital Black over Blue, quite a lot faster for not much more money.

If he's using the SSD as his O/S drive, a WD Blue would be fine for data storage. No sense in wasting money on the performance of a WD Black drive if you won't utilize it. They typically run $20-30 more for the black version, and unless you're using for your O/S drive, I doubt you'll notice the difference.

Personally it would be a no-brainer to get the first build. Yes the case might be 3 years old but there is a reason it is still being sold. I build in the 650D most days at work and find it a pleasure to work with. Yes, of course there are better cases out there but with bigger price tags too. The i7 would suit your needs in video editing much more due to the hyper threading.

Other pluses would be 16GB of ram to also help with video editing etc

Back
Top Bottom