Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default i have 2 questions that i need answered

hey guys i havent been on for a while im at my uncles house and he has dial up and i hate it umm id like to know what would be better a wired router system or wireless and also id like to know what kind of tv tuner card i need to run like dish network in to my pc so i can use it as a tv also if you wanna send links plz send them from www.xpcgear.com and the monitor ill be getting a 19 inch wide screen samsung sycmaster wich has a 2000:1 contrast ratio and a 2ms responce time will that be good for tv veiwing?

0v3rc10cl0ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: i have 2 questions that i need answered

im pretty sure you can use any old tv tuner card for satellite. just feed the satellite dish into the box provided to you by Dish Network and then into the coaxial input on your PC. I don't think tuner cards decode the signals themselves (so a direct connection from the dish to your PC won't work) but I could be wrong.

i recommend this card: http://www.xpcgear.com/atwonder650.html
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote