Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #11
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: I hate you Gateway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
PC World is suprising good if you can't though. Don't even try Comet! I went in with my sister's Laptop once and asked why the printer was doing this and that. It was clicking when it moved. He went through installing the Drivers when just the noise was saying it was mechanical! It took an hour when I had to get to Lord of the Rings, and eventually time ran out a swore at him and he gave me a new one. Just dont' go there!
I just dont like any of the big computer stores. I'd take my local comp shop over Curry's anyday as they actually know what they are talking bout.

Saying that, this comp used to be a Packard Bell comp which i got from Curry's. Though now the only original parts it has left in is the HD, CD, DVD and floppy drives

Never again will i buy a pre made computer

TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #12
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Lol: I don't like Currys or Comet either. But if they don't know anything then they are more likely to give you fabulous deals! Yey for PC World!

Old 04-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #13
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness

Quote:
Lol: I don't like Currys or Comet either. But if they don't know anything then they are more likely to give you fabulous deals! Yey for PC World!
Yey for local comp shops aswell as usually they can get you good parts for cheap . Though i gotta admit, PC World was good when i went it n looking for a cd drive, though they tried to get me to buy a DEll PC from them . I played along with it and confused the person by asking if it had Hyper Threading on it (it was a AMD chip ) and he said yeah, then i asked him what RAM it had and he said it was enough to copy cd's

Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon
Old 04-25-2004, 03:06 PM   #14
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSickness
Yey for local comp shops aswell as usually they can get you good parts for cheap . Though i gotta admit, PC World was good when i went it n looking for a cd drive, though they tried to get me to buy a DEll PC from them . I played along with it and confused the person by asking if it had Hyper Threading on it (it was a AMD chip ) and he said yeah, then i asked him what RAM it had and he said it was enough to copy cd's

Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon
LOL! I'll have to try that!
Old 04-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #15
In Runtime

Quote:
LOL! I'll have to try that!
Best one to try to see if they know anything - Which is better, a Geforce 4 MX or a Geforce FX 5900
Old 04-25-2004, 04:00 PM   #16
Guru

LOL! Very good!