I hate computers and am soooooo confused. Can anyone help?

Fully Optimized
This is a semi-rant so please bare with me.

So my computer stopped working about a month ago and I thought it was my power supply that died because before I took it to a friend's house to play games and it had been working fine. So when I got there, we tried turning it on and all that happened was the fans would spin up and it would shut off. So I waited a week to get the new power supply and after installation, the system (in my sig) failed to boot. So naturally, I was bummed as well as confused. And then today I realized I had an old motherboard which I knew worked. The old motherboard ran a different CPU, and RAM. So I took the hard drive from the comp in my sig and installed it along with the 8800GT. And when I tried turning it on, all that happened is the little green light on the old motherboard turned on. So then I tried switching batteries because I realized that the old motherboard had not been used in about a year and that's it's battery might be dead. But that didn't work. All that happened was a very loud high-pitched beep came from the computer for about three seconds. And then nothing else but the little green light came on. And then I tried switching out hard drives and DVD Drives and that did not work either. Then I tried the 450 Watt I though had fried and I tried my new 550 Watt. Nothing different was happening in any way. And then I decided to switch power cables and all connections and fan headers. (I did this first thing with both power supplies). Then I checked the BIOS Jumper and no position worked. I even tried completely removing and unplugging parts and not even that worked. I even tried the old motherboard.

And now I have tried every possible option and compilation I have access to and nothing has worked.

If anyone can help me, I would REALLYYYYYYY appreciate it. Thanks.

Try taking it all out of the case. Lay the motherboard on an anti static surface then install 1 stick of memory and the video card. Connect the power supply and try booting the system. You can use a small screwdriver on the power switch pins to start up the motherboard. That should at least get you into the BIOS.

It's still doing the same things.....Nothing.

I put it on a wood table and assebled verything outside the case and it's still doing it. Gahhh, an anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom