Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default I hate computers and am soooooo confused. Can anyone help?

This is a semi-rant so please bare with me.

So my computer stopped working about a month ago and I thought it was my power supply that died because before I took it to a friend's house to play games and it had been working fine. So when I got there, we tried turning it on and all that happened was the fans would spin up and it would shut off. So I waited a week to get the new power supply and after installation, the system (in my sig) failed to boot. So naturally, I was bummed as well as confused. And then today I realized I had an old motherboard which I knew worked. The old motherboard ran a different CPU, and RAM. So I took the hard drive from the comp in my sig and installed it along with the 8800GT. And when I tried turning it on, all that happened is the little green light on the old motherboard turned on. So then I tried switching batteries because I realized that the old motherboard had not been used in about a year and that's it's battery might be dead. But that didn't work. All that happened was a very loud high-pitched beep came from the computer for about three seconds. And then nothing else but the little green light came on. And then I tried switching out hard drives and DVD Drives and that did not work either. Then I tried the 450 Watt I though had fried and I tried my new 550 Watt. Nothing different was happening in any way. And then I decided to switch power cables and all connections and fan headers. (I did this first thing with both power supplies). Then I checked the BIOS Jumper and no position worked. I even tried completely removing and unplugging parts and not even that worked. I even tried the old motherboard.

And now I have tried every possible option and compilation I have access to and nothing has worked.

If anyone can help me, I would REALLYYYYYYY appreciate it. Thanks.

XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: I hate computers and am soooooo confused. Can anyone help?

Try taking it all out of the case. Lay the motherboard on an anti static surface then install 1 stick of memory and the video card. Connect the power supply and try booting the system. You can use a small screwdriver on the power switch pins to start up the motherboard. That should at least get you into the BIOS.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: I hate computers and am soooooo confused. Can anyone help?

It's still doing the same things.....Nothing.

I put it on a wood table and assebled verything outside the case and it's still doing it. Gahhh, an anyone help?
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote