I got something good for ya

lhuser

Golden Master
When your PSU dies, open it and remove the fan and the wires from the board and metal plate. get a dead 80mm fan and place this one with eletcric tape. Here you go: A nice 80mm fan from a dead CPU and dead 80mm fan :D

BTW, don't touch where the power plug is. I got a fenominal zap from there...and it hurts

Yea let's see $5 on a new fan vs. risking getting electricuted because power supplies are very dangerous to open up and hold incredible amounts of power in them even when off - enough to kill! I think the $5 is worth it. Cool idea though!

The PSU is overleaded with power. The fan, well, just do the job as a 80mm fan would do: Cool it. The fan isn't dangerous. Even, YOU REMOVE THE FAN WHEN THE PSU IS TURNED OFF COMPLETELY! Yes, they hold a lot of power. I got badly zapped from one!

Yes but what if the hand slips... The fact that the psu is turned off is irrelevent, they are still deadly. Your bad zap was lucky.... it could have been a heart stopping zap.

aaron12345 said:
Yes but what if the hand slips... The fact that the psu is turned off is irrelevent, they are still deadly. Your bad zap was lucky.... it could have been a heart stopping zap.

you power the PC when there is no plug on the PSU usualy. This drains completely the power.

Yes, I got lucky. Glad that I have fast reflexes :D

BTW, removing the fans are a piece of cake!

Back
Top Bottom