I got some computer questions

killzoneman0

In Runtime
First of all, should i buy all of my computer parts at once, or should i get them as soon as i get the money?(the parts would be spaced out for about 4 months)

second, if i get some parts now, will they still work good in december if i dont use them or anything?

get them all at once. for a couple of reasons, one so you dont lose them :D, that and ati will probably release their crossfire (ati's sli) and r520 and r580, which wether or not you get those, might drive down the prices of some lower end parts. Plus you wouldnt want to risk buying the parts, then finding out 4 months later its defected, cuz u might have a hard time getting a replacement part.

killzoneman0 said:
which is better for gaming, ati crossfire or nvidia sli?

Well that is a very hard question. When ati releases their new cards they will have the best video cards. But then again nVidia might release some new stuff.. There really ain't a big difference between the 2 manufacturers, both make great cards.

i think he was asking about sli vs crossfire, rather then their cards. Supposed ati's crossfire is suppose to "pwn sli like an uber nub t0 t3h m4x0r5!!1one!" according to my other computer nerd friends. Chances are it will be at least a little better, as they are not rather the pioneer, but can use things that sli developed and lightly base theirs on that, so it should be better. It is also suppose to be more stable, and where as if you use two 7800 gtx, you don't get the peformance of two 7800 gtx's, you get the peformance of like 1.6 7800 gtx's. ATI's crossfire supposedly to give a bigger peformance increase by using two cards.

PS: before you nvidia fans jump down my throat, im an nvidia fan myself, and most likly the r580 will beat the 7800 gtx, and most likely ati's crossifre will peform better then nvidias sli, but then nvidia will release something to top that, it just goes back and forth, and soon ati will have the best card (for a little while) out on the market, and the best option for dual gfx cards.

yeah but if it plays games well depends mostly on the card, not how good the SLI/crossfire is. Ofcourse as u said 2x 7800GTX in SLI is more like 1.6x 7800GTX but then again if atis cards would be worse and with them u could get 1.8x their card, nVidia would be better.

But yes crossfire should be a little better but really it's the cards u run it with that matter.

daemon said:
yeah but if it plays games well depends mostly on the card, not how good the SLI/crossfire is. Ofcourse as u said 2x 7800GTX in SLI is more like 1.6x 7800GTX but then again if atis cards would be worse and with them u could get 1.8x their card, nVidia would be better.

But yes crossfire should be a little better but really it's the cards u run it with that matter.

true, but i think most of our expectations of the r580 is to beat the 7800 gtx. i guess what i was trying to get at, is with ati crossfire giving you more peformance increase when using 2 cards, using 2 x850xt pe may very well be better then 2 7800 gtx's, even though one 7800 gtx is better then one x850 xt pe. :D. And thanks for not flipping out on me and going, "0mg n0 w4y nvidia pwnz0r5 t3h sh*** 0u7 0f ati!". lol. But i find the whole idea of the x850 xt pebeing worse then the 7800gtx,
but two x850xt pe's possibly being better thentwo 7800gtx's. Anyways, back on topic:D.

Wait, if you want to go dual gpus (graphics cards/graphic processing unit), definitly wait the 4 months, crossfire will be out by then and you can make an educated decision of wether or not you may want to go sli or crossfire.and the releasing of new cards many times makes other cards prices drop, so you'll probably want to wait for that. in the end you'll save money and trouble.

Back
Top Bottom