I Got It To Post!!

AwwHailNaw

Baseband Member
The only thing now is that it shuts off after a few seconds. Anyone know what can cause this?

Not to sound dumb, but I am guessing that you are talking about your computer. Is it a specific part or the whole computer? Is this related to another thread or something? If you give us some more information, then it will be easier for us to help you out.

Cheers!

Ok I got all my parts. In order for me to get it to post, I need to reset the cmos. Once I do that, the computer gets to the Phoenix - AwardBIOS page.
I get this error:

Floppy disk(s) fail (40)
CMOS Checksum error - defaults loaded

If I push F1 to continue It goes to the page that shows the temps, then goes to the window where it says, Start Windows Normally or Safe Mode etc.... If I hit any of these my monitor goes to standby mode and the system seems to still be on, and I have to reset the cmos in order for it to post again.

I have been told that since my hard drive has windows still installed on it from my old system that it wont work. But they said to wait till I know the hardware is stable before trying to install windows.

Ok, bench tested with one stick of ram and the bare essentials. I dont get the CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded now, but I do get the Floppy disk(s) fail (40) but I don't even have a floppy disk drive. I tried with both sticks of ram and it didn't post, then when I restarted it again I got this error: Warning! Now system is in safe mode. Please reset CPU or memory frequency in the CMOS setup.

As worship said you will need to reformat. It seems like you changed multiple parts of hardware in your computer. To prevent a scenario in which you just give your friend your hdd to use windows for a little bit, if you change too much hardware in your PC windows will not allow you to boot.

No amount of troubleshooting will fix it.

Back
Top Bottom