i got blue screen

matejakezman

Baseband Member
after instaling new ram, my drivers for graphics card gone. so i reinstalled them, but windows put some wrong drivers, and i got blue screen with this
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be cause by the following file: ati2dvag

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.

***stop: 0x000000EA [0xff2DC3A8, 0xffBC6640, 0x81FD6ED8, 0x00000001]

i removed new ram, and put original drivers for graphics card, and i havent got blue screen, but when i run bsplyer my computer reset by itself.
1. what is it?:(
2 how it is possibile drivers to gone by itself, like computer thought it is differner graphics card when i insert new memory? :(
i have ati radeon 9550

hmm that's a tough one, I definitely wouldn't expect the video graphics drivers to disappear with the installation of memory. When you reinstall the drivers, did you check that the old ones were for sure removed? Like in the control panel did you try to select the option to remove the old drivers? It might have just been a read error and that the drivers were still there. Installing new ones without first removing the old ones can give erroneous results. Also when you install the memory check to see what the BIOS is detecting for your graphics card (to be sure that it is not giving you the wrong graphics).

hm... when i think back, i looked at device manager and both radeon 9550 drivers were there but they had yellow ?, so i click on update drivers. Windows found some new drivers, that werent here before. and then after 20 minutes i got blue screen.
then i installed drivers from original CD.
i thought that maybe i accidently move card a bit so windows did not recgnized it.

Install the video card driver from scratch. Go into Control Panel and Remove the Display Aapater. Then double check Device Manager and delete the Radeon device. Then reboot the PC. You should be running on stock 800x600 or whatever resolution. Windows will say, "New Hardware Found" and will attempt to get load it's crap VGA drivers.

Install the CD for your video card and load the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom