I finally got my laptop

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'll have to do a write up about it, but it's sooo late right now. I just manage to power it up for it's initial configuration. Norton is all updated and so are the Window Update. That's just about it so far. I took a lot of pictures from the box all the way to the boot screen, lol. Got carried away. It's bigger than I thought for a 14.1" laptop.

It's fast, whoa, it is very fast. Side by side to my desktop, it boots faster, and performs faster in most category. The only thing that hinders the Inspiron 1420's performance is the graphics card which I did not get. I got a 3.4 rating because of that :(.

I can't wait to get it loaded with stuff. Oh, don't get black. It really shows the grease from your hands. I should've paid $20 extra dollars and got the Arctic Silver or the blue one.

The keyboard layout is superb and I felt really comfortable typing on it. I like the feature of how the touchpad disables on it's own when I plug in my USB wireless mouse.

The blue lights are so cool too. They got rid of the traditional amber and green light. Everything is blue now. The media buttons are a little flimsy, but the all light up blue when you press it. So neat.

The speakers are pretty good for a laptop. As usual, the bass is limited as with any other laptop speakers. It's high-def speakers though. I love the battery indicator meter on the bottom of the laptop. It's easily upgradeable as the panels are all labeled for which part is where. Plus, the manual it come with tells you what part you need and how to upgrade.

I'll have to post picts later. I have about 40 different pictures, lol.

Here are some picts. I have more but these are some of the main ones. Plus, Imageshack is slow right now:

1002397ej3.jpg

1002399zm3.jpg

1002419kn9.jpg

1002433pg7.jpg

Oh congrats your laptop finally came in. Hope you enjoy it, I like my Inspiron even if it's an old build from two years ago.

The keyboard is probably the best I've ever had for a laptop. It's so firm and the shape is exactly like a regular keyboard. So far, I have no dead pixels which is a good sign. No glitches or errors at all and I've been using it constantly for 48 hours now. I've got all my software loaded on here including Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3, WinRAR, WinZIP, WinISO, NFSU2, AOE3, Office 2007, NIS 2007, DivX, and Adobe InDesign.

I can't get pass how fast this thing is. The dual headphone outlet is pretty neat. I can have two people using two separate headphones or earphones plugged in at the same time. The integrated video controller has improved tons. I can move a window really fast without slowdown and NFSU2 plays excellent at top settings. I'm impressed.

For the price, it's a nifty laptop. The 14.1" is Dell's first ever design for an Inspiron. Now that I'm using this, I can't see myself using an ultraportable laptop. I wanted the XPS 12.1" version and almost got it until people complained about the weight. Most of Dell laptops are heavy except for the higher end XPS 1300 series and higher. THose things are super thin. The DVD burner is like non existent (which for most laptops, carry the bulk).

The material isn't cheap either. It feels similar to the magnesium alloy that's on my IS shift paddles. Strong, but lightweight.

I can't get over the keyboard, lol. It feels so good. I think I'm getting an orgasm just typing on the laptop. I don't know why there's a stupid modem back there. I wish Dell would make that optional for broadband users.

Oh, the fan never gets loud. It's so quiet all the time. On my old Compaq laptop, you can always hear it screaming. Especially when the CPU process is at max. Comparing Core 2 Duo to a first gen Turion 64 is ridiculous, lol. The technology is tons better and shouldn't even be matched side by side.

Sounds like you like it, I really need a new keyboard for my desktop, I'm using a Dell keyboard with my custom build, this keyboard is sooo loud. Got it back in 2003.

congrats dude, im an owner of an inspiron 1501, still loyal to me... ;)

i think i got about the worst deal on this thing though, i mean it has no ports, doesnt have media control buttons, integrated graphics, and for 100bucks more i could have gotten all kinds of stuff, but oh well... ill have to get another one soon, i think ill be getting hp though, i tried one of those out at bestbuy and the keyboard was soo much better than this one, not to mention i'm tired of talking to some other country when i need it fixed

Back
Top Bottom