I did something really stupid...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
I tried to reinstall a friends windows xp pro on his hdd while having it connected to my computer via a usb external hdd case...

when my computer boots up now it has the screen that list 2 versions of xp (pro-his, and home edition-mine) and you choose which one to use...

it obviously won't boot up with the xp pro option, so I want to get rid of it, how can I do that...?

Id like to know how to get rid of this also, cause i have the same problem, it lists Vista and XP, but vista is no longer there.

I always make dual boots, and then take them away. It is usually resolved with the deletion or reformat of the partition which the os u dont want is on.

OMFGF U HAVE TO THROW YOU COMPUTER OUT THE WOINDOW ITSA TROJAN OMG KEYY YY LOGGERS!QWAq#

Seriously, do what A True Folder did. Take the boot.ini, delete the XP Pro.

I have done that countless times.

FIXBOOT and FIXMBR, after you have removed the extra installation files. So either delete the dodgy partition or delete the extra windows folder. This applies to the Vista install above aswell.:)

I always make dual boots, and then take them away. It is usually resolved with the deletion or reformat of the partition which the os u dont want is on.

I was trying to see if I could install the OS on his hdd through a usb external case, this put some of the XP pro files on my computer, which only has one partition...

and yes, you are correct Raffaz, I didn't want to keep having to select the right one, that's why I wanted to get rid of it, as you said, selecting one doesn't get rid of it...

btw, thanks A True Folder...

Back
Top Bottom