I can't have my security camera running and my TV Tuner at the same time, what to do?

mitts2010

Baseband Member
I bought a new computer yesterday, and thus had to buy a video capture card (ATI Wonder 650) that is compatible with Vista.

I have a $300 outdoor security camera that I plug into the capture cards composite input and have a program I bought that records upon motion detection, and can stream video to a web site (Active Webcam is the program).

Everything works fine until I use the TV Tuner on the same card. The cam image then changes to the TV Chanel I am watching. But if I close the cam program and open it again, it changes the TV Tuner channel to display the cam feed. So I can only view one or the other. This never happened before.

I don't know what to do. I think it is to do with the way the card sends video to the programs. In the webcam software, it is using Direct Show, the Video Device is set to "ATI AVStream Anolog Capture" and the Video Source is "Composite 1" (from the availible option of TV Tuner, Composite 1, and S-Video [the three inputs from the card]).

Any ideas?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom