I Bought My First Motherboard!!! :d

nickelodeonn

In Runtime
Hey guys!

It's Nick :D The guy who made the "Build Guide For Teens" thread... anyways.......

I BOUGHT MY FIRST MOTHERBOARD! HERE IT IS:

%21BlFh1V%21%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqUOKi8Etlyt7OKtBL,L1,enlg%7E%7E_12.JPG

I bought it for about $75 including S&H, and it's guaranteed to not be DOA :D As you can probably tell, I'm super excited :) You can see the direct purchase here. I bought it on eBay... I had to get it in MicroATX because I got a new free case & monitor... wow people are giving things away free all the time! So, it's a mid-tower eMachine case, but I didn't want to risk it and get an ATX mobo. And this one was cheaper!

It's the ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO! Just like that one dude suggested but in MicroATX form and with only 1 PCi 2.0 express slot :( But that's okay! HERE ARE THE SPECS

1) So what do you guys think!?

2) Would you trust this? 2GB stick of Ram DDR3 1600Mhz - $40

3) What do you think about this plan, since now I only have $150 left to spend on components:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - $61
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO - $75
RAM:
2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz - $40
PSU: Use one provided in case until I have more money!
HDD: Going to find on for under $30!
Case: FREE!
Disk Drive: IN CASE!
Case Cooling: Masscool 120mm Fan X2 - $6

TOTAL: $137 left!!(including rebates!)

EXTRAS (that I need):
Wireless Card: Sabrent PCI-G802 PCI Wireless Card - $15
Keyboard and Mouse: FREE standard keyboard & mouse
Monitor:
FREE 15" CRT monitor
Speakers: FREE Speakers

TOTAL: $15

COMPLETE TOTAL: $152 (including rebates!)

I CAN DO IT!!
what if i break it? :-(

I believe I bought that for a friend. If not that, then a similar 600W OCZ PSU. He said it works great. I would recommend it.

thats good. modular too...

you realize it'll be $90 right away, then $60 assuming you actually get the rebate. (I never do...)

EDIT: I see you don't have a GPU listed. Please tell me you don't plan on using onboard video...

Back
Top Bottom