Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-07-2004, 10:48 PM   #11
In Runtime
 
Gary Graefen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 336
Default Re: I botched outlook...

Just because you have used something and something didn't happen to you doesn't mean it won't to someone else. I use my name and have credentials-ask lindon he knows me-I work as a real tech at a very high wage, I was forced by this board to use my real name because it draws search engine attension. Your opinion on one of the trashyist systems microsoft has ever released is irrelevent. It is full of bugs and very easy to hack through to a users computer. It has been patched endlessly and is still faulty. I have gillions of customers who call me asking me to fix it constantly-So I tell them what Im telling this poor person-Don't Use It.
And yes Yahoo does use the best viral detectors in there mail system,


Use Yahoo mail as a virus scanner
http://email.about.com/cs/yahoomailtips/qt/et102801.htm

Symantec Scans Yahoo mail
http://archive.infoworld.com/article...16hnsymail.xml

I can backup my "opinions"

The Symantec Web Site
http://www.symantec.com/index.htm
__________________

__________________
When In Doubt-Format and start over
Gary Graefen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:22 PM   #12
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: I botched outlook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturge
note - all the server and ISP info is correct.

This is annoying me now
oops,
Outlook express is on the desktop.right ? you are trying to read your Mom and Dads email.Why.What does this mean ?
I don't use Microsoft Outlook, unfortunately, my parents do, and this is where the problem comes in, this happens when I try and recieve emails :
Go to yahoo.com and open your own secret password protected account.
__________________

bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #13
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: I botched outlook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Graefen
Just because you have used something and something didn't happen to you doesn't mean it won't to someone else. I use my name and have credentials-ask lindon he knows me-I work as a real tech at a very high wage, I was forced by this board to use my real name because it draws search engine attension.
Spelling and Grammar obviously aren't in your list of credentials are they? I'll stay out of that pot though and get to the point. I use my name - it is a interesting a new thing to do isn't it? On here I use the name Tiberius Kalthorn; that is also done a lot - please tell us something that isn't obvious. I don't much care if David knows you; he knows Novartic: do you want to be compared to Novartic?

Dare I ask without being rude to your obvious English problem what a Real Tech is? I don't care about your wage. Genghis Kahn and Hitler get good search engine 'attension', if indeed that exists - why not change your name to either of those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Graefen
Your opinion on one of the trashyist systems microsoft has ever released is irrelevent. It is full of bugs and very easy to hack through to a users computer. It has been patched endlessly and is still faulty. I have gillions of customers who call me asking me to fix it constantly-So I tell them what Im telling this poor person-Don't Use It.
Trashyist? Not a good start to your argument, eh? Gillions? I'll have to put that down in my little 'Book of Words meaning Numbers in the Ten to the Negative Range' should it go with Nano or Femto out of interest?

Sturge is not asking for your personal vendeta; he is not asking for your life story; he is not asking for how brilliant you are; how many hits your name gets on http://IloveGaryGraefen.com or indeed is he asking how much money you get. He has come here expecting answers to his questions; we are here to give them to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Graefen
And yes Yahoo does use the best viral detectors in there mail system,
I'm sure they use the bext viral detectors in there mail system; but how good it is compared with other peoples' viral detectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
Go to yahoo.com and open your own secret password protected account.
Ah! Not you too?
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:38 PM   #14
In Runtime
 
Gary Graefen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 336
Default

The malware targets Windows computers, and arrives in an email bearing the subject "Re" and an attachment that will have an .asp, .hta, .htm, .htt, .html, .vbe or .vbs extension. Upon infection, the virus uses Microsoft Outlook to send itself to everyone in the Microsoft Outlook Address Book. "If the day is the 6th, 13th, 21st, or 28th, the worm will delete all the files from the computer,"
__________________
When In Doubt-Format and start over
Gary Graefen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #15
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: I botched outlook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Graefen
The malware targets Windows computers, and arrives in an email bearing the subject "Re" and an attachment that will have an .asp, .hta, .htm, .htt, .html, .vbe or .vbs extension. Upon infection, the virus uses Microsoft Outlook to send itself to everyone in the Microsoft Outlook Address Book. "If the day is the 6th, 13th, 21st, or 28th, the worm will delete all the files from the computer,"
Bloody good I have nobody in my Address Book then.

Eitherway; Outlook 2003 blocks Attachments and will not download them unless you tell it too. Its so good; it blocks images so you have to tell it to unblock them to see them - that can get annoying though. Eitherway; the chances of this malware getting to a vigilant person's computer, then being downloaded by said vigilant person is dreadfully low. Anybody who uses Outlook is safe from its getting into Outlook - anybody who doesn't and instead uses Yahoo will get the bug, it will find no Outlook and some files saying 'I hate Outlook' and 'Down with Microsoft' and it will think what a bugger - and whipe their files.
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0