I Am so TIRED of the Waiting…

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I have been waiting for about 4 month now to build my self a new system. I'm currently waiting for the new 45 nm Quad Core (Q9450) & the new 9800 from NVIDIA. I really hope both of them will come out next month (February). From what I head so far the 9800 will be somewhat of a joke…using already existing g92 core, and it will be basically 2 cards in 1…like the old 7950 card… When will the new Monster come out? Something that is 2X then the Ultra…or that's at least what I heard the new cards will be like…

I don't have a budget per se but by my estimates the new rig will probably cost me about $2500. I am not looking for so so parts, I want the best. I don't need monitor or the keyboard; I'm just looking to build a solid rig. I had actually never built a computer my self before, so I am really exited about the process. O ya and I do plan to @ the crap out of it.

Here I have a list of the parts that I most likely will use; (Gaming Computer)

1st CPU = Quad Core (Q9450)
2nd Video Card = The new 9 series from NVIDIA hopefully something better then the 9800 GX2
3rd MOBO = Have no idea…I am NOT planning going SLI coz I think it's a waist + I want to be able to fit my X-FI sound card + Network adaptor (Big Foot) & maybe an extra PCI fan.
4th. HDD = Ether (2) 10,000rpm raptors in raid 0 or (2) 7,200rpm 32meg catch in raid 0. I do have 500G external HDD to back up my data. Witch option should I go? And why? Will the 2 raptors be REALLY loud?
5th RAM = 4G something nice
6th PSU = Have no idea, something with enough power lol
7th CASE = I was thinking about something like “COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution” I currently have Antec 180, I'm just tired of it.
8th CPU Heat sink = Thermalright IFX-14 (NEW) or the Ultra-120 eXtreme
9th DVD-RW (something nice and fast)
10th Windows Vista 64bit and XP professional (Dual Boot)
11th Floppy drive

Is there anything else that I might be missing? What do you guys think? For the parts that I didn't specify exactly like 4G of RAM & MOBO can you help me pick the exact parts plz. Overall I just want to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Thanks.

Working with old computers there are times I wish I had a floppy drive on mine...

Forget about the floppy! lol. What ya guys think about the rest of the rig? I need specifics plz

If you're looking for a good full tower I can personally suggest the NZXT Zero. It's like the stacker but I believe it's cheaper, slightly smaller (though HUGE!) and is super quality. My brother got one and moving his old computer's guts over was a breeze, plus it has an 80mm hole on the bottom where you can mount a fan to blow directly into the nVidia HSFs. His gpu is ice cold.

the rest of the rig is great.
if you think about it ,you could tri-sli and the 9800 x2 and have 6 video cards:)
dont choses a mobo yet , there will be new ones coming out with the 45nm quads.
4gbs of good 1066 mhz ram.

and your computer will be a beast

Are you kidding me? The 9800GX2 is going to be amazing! 40% faster than the 8800Ultra is pretty sick. No previous generation jump from flagship card to flagship card has been that much. And for only a supposed price of $450?

Re: I Am so TIRED of the Waiting…

If you're looking for a good full tower I can personally suggest the NZXT Zero. It's like the stacker but I believe it's cheaper, slightly smaller (though HUGE!) and is super quality. My brother got one and moving his old computer's guts over was a breeze, plus it has an 80mm hole on the bottom where you can mount a fan to blow directly into the nVidia HSFs. His gpu is ice cold.

Thanks man, I will look in 2 it.

the rest of the rig is great.
if you think about it ,you could tri-sli and the 9800 x2 and have 6 video cards:)
dont choses a mobo yet , there will be new ones coming out with the 45nm quads.
4gbs of good 1066 mhz ram.

and your computer will be a beast

Thanks for the input m8, I deff dont want sli, like i sad i need space for sound card, network card and prob a pci fan(for extra cooling)

Are you kidding me? The 9800GX2 is going to be amazing! 40% faster than the 8800Ultra is pretty sick. No previous generation jump from flagship card to flagship card has been that much. And for only a supposed price of $450?

Tha is not what I heard man...40% u say? I heard like 10-15% and because its a mid range card It will actially be cheeper. I'm just woried about the heat man, card like that will generate lots of it.

Back
Top Bottom