I am the rightfull owner of Quake4.

Spec

Fully Optimized
Ok, well i purchased a unused serial key of quake 4 (online), and im using a torrent to download quake4 But is this technicly illegal? becauase i already bought the serial key...But then if i went out and bought the game..it would be 50 more dollars, because technicly all you are paying for is a serial key...so..is it? Since im the rightfull owner of the game technicly..

Well, no how much did you pay for the serial key if you paid 50 for it then yeah go ahead but i cant reall say anything because, if i were in your place i would prolly do the same thing any how :)

Technicly i didnt pay anything, but i am the RIGHTfull owner of it :) so ill just do it.....Hell its already done 30 percent at 3 days..lol

Yeah, who cares but dont think you should say this on the forum, they might get mad at you ..

First off, I don't think it's exactly ethical to just buy Serial keys off the internet.

For all you know, someone could have opened up a key generator and generated a random key for it and give it to you.. so for all you know, once that download is done, it may either reject the key in installation or reject it from the master server. (which, by the way, if that happens, you can't play the game at all, even single player.)

How much did you spend on that key?

You should have just bought the game retail.. it's like $30 here.

If you buy the Serial Keys directly from the developers or publishers, then it's fine. It's like that with VALVe and Steam. When you buy some game from Steam, you just pay for the Serial Key and download the game.

However, if you obtained the Key from some shady source, it could be that they use some Key Generator and just sold it to you. In that case, you would be stealing, and that guy who sold it to you scammed you.

Very well known source...its an actual website that Sells CD keys, for money, they buy the games from the company, then they sell the CD key and if you want, for 5 more dollars they ship you the whole game..

Back
Top Bottom