I am having Problems with charging and installing a Zune

OTSS

In Runtime
I noticed that in my control panel that the Portable Media Devices is not there. It is just a blank folder that does nothing. It has no graphic at all. I think because of this that my computer cannon charge or detect Portable Media Devices. I had the same problem with an iPod. It does not detect that is even there and will not charge. I was wondering if someone knew how to get this folder back so I can use my Zune and iPod.

I have USB 2.0
My computer is a year old. It was cheap even last year but it is a AMD Athlon 3000+ with an MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum Motherboard Socket 939. I am pretty sure if I just reinstalled windows it would fix it but I was hoping I wouldn't have to if there is a way to fix it. I don't feel like backing up all my stuff just to use my zune.

The Motherboard drivers? I don't know if it is a hardware problem. I think that it is not detecting it because of a software problem. The USB port that it is hooked up to works. I tested it with my MP3 player(shows as a hard disk), Printer, and Mouse. All 3 work but my zune and iPod will not work.

Yeah I tried that. The software and everything works. It is my computer that cannot recognize the zune at all. I tried the zune cd and the software directly from the website.

When I plug it into either port nothing happens. It does not detect the Zune at all.

Back
Top Bottom