I am a computer idot-recved email that freaked me out-can anyone explain??

Yeah, I think we have a small community here that gets on well with each other.

Anyway, yeah, this guy won't be able to see your computer as in desktop and what you are doing, as he'll be using a dos program to get data like ip address and such, but if you could simple hack, you wouldn't be able to find his. Thats all.

If you have a firewall, you should be safe from harm. If you haven't got one, get this and block any weird requests from it, like if you aren't accessing a program:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp

Download the firewall protection :)

i think hes just trying to scare you though and probably isn't even a good enough hacker to acces your files.

it's freaky how they can access your comp tho...but definately get that fire wall. And tell him that you've get his ip address just to screw things up. Haha.

Yeah, I honestly think its a joke, but that firewall will mean it'd block him even finding yours again as it can hide your I.P when people try and ping you :p

Then you can say "I'm hidden too", though don't agrivate the idiot...it'll only make things worse, okay? That firewall will definietly help...oh and the firewall that comes with XP wouldn't help one bit really if thats all you have.

Its very userfriendly too, so you should have no problems using it :) It comes with a good tutorial anyway if you get stuck :D

windows firewall does it's job for incoming traffic but not for anything else...which is sad to say. Because of the big fuss windows made of it.

Back
Top Bottom