Hybrid Ultrabooks

TimAlonso

Solid State Member
Hi guys! I've been meaning to get a new computer for a while and noticed that along with the Windows 8 release, a plethora of hybrid touchscreen tablet/laptop machines have been released to run this new OS.

I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding these machines? Are they a fad? Or is there really a new market for these devices. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Cheers :)

Well they are shipping with Windows 8 which means i will personally stay away from them.

To me and many people will dis agree as they are entitled to but a tablet is a touch screen device designed to use your fingers with, things should look pretty and be simple to do. I wouldn't ever expect to design a website / heavily edit images (photoshop) do any length of typing on a touch screen device.

A laptop is a portable computer and for me a computer is a device that you can do anything on, write long letters, design website, design programs, photoshop images, play proper games on etc

There may be a market for these hybrid devices as i'm sure if there wasnt these big companies wouldnt be spending millions investing in them.

but it's not for me.

Thanks for your input :) It seems that due to the recent Windows 8 OS release, there's a major push in developing these hybrid devices. I think I'll wait for a while and see how they perform in the market.

Personally and I could be wrong but I think they will back track, don't get me wrong there is a market for devices like these but they should be trying to force Windows 8 on Desktop users! So I think these hybrid devices may fade out.

I could of got an ultra book for the money I spent, although it would not have very good specs at all, personally I prefer the normal laptops and windows 7. Don't see the need for it to be thinner, mine is quite light anyway.

Back
Top Bottom