Hybrid...

Wow...not bad then really, though I don't get the other features of it. it'd make it rather kewl for me and my bro. I want multitasking and rendering power with a HT processor, he wants games with an AMD.

How would the heatsink and fan slot into it? or is there some kind of mechanism like a box you place the whole lot in and slot it?

Kage said:
I'm confused now....

So....uh?.... I thought an AMD system could support SLI anyway...well all the new boards....so its nothing to do with the processor?

And Banchan, you said its not dual Core? Why the heck does it say Dual Core architecture on it? Unless this means allowing for a AMD or an Intel chip... though I thought Dual Core, meant Dual Core (allowing two procesors at once)

so sorry Banchan but don't have to get annoyed :|

It means that you can use AMD or Intel Dual-Core CPU's. Dual-core is 2 CPU's on one die, not 2 separate CPUs.

Ah :) Thanks Alvino!

What then is the term used then for a dual core setup like whats becoming available now (2 CPU's?)

Its starting to make sense now, and finally seems like a useful thing to have! Haha, swappable CPU's, who would have thought!

One problem I've thought of though. Doesn't Windows XP have protection on it so if something major changed, it wouldn't work?
Would this mean you'd have to create two partitions, one for each CPU if you were to change alot?

Back
Top Bottom