Huge Memory Problem!!!!!!

D3SI

Beta member
hey guys i jst joined this forum since i see a lot of peepz with heepz more knowledge than me i waz wondering if ya can help me. i bought a new computer not long ago with 180GB of hard disk. i just formated my computer since i had too much stuff which i couldnt delete:confused: . after i formatted my computer my total memory is 130GB NOT 180Gb. i just lost 50GB for no reason:mad: . Can any of u'z help me nd tell me why this happened????

If you running XP on your system it only reconizes 131gb you would have to partition the rest. Unless you create a slipstream of your XP/SP2 you will only see 137gb although formatted would look like 129-130gb. To make the partition for the rest go to control panel>performance&maitenence>Admin tools>computer management then under computer management click storage>disk managment then at the bottom of the screen you should see your current format & the leftover space on the right hand side. Right click on it and create a partition.

If you want to do a easy slipstream so you don't have to create a parition and just want a full drive google autostreamer and download that.

To make the partition for the rest go to control panel>performance&maitenence>Admin tools>computer management then under computer management click storage>disk managment then at the bottom of the screen you should see your current format & the leftover space on the right hand side. Right click on it and create a partition.

it dosn't have any leftover space. all i see on the bottom is C drive and nothing else.

If you running XP on your system it only reconizes 131gb you would have to partition the rest. Unless you create a slipstream of your XP/SP2 you will only see 137gb although formatted would look like 129-130gb. To make the partition for the rest go to control panel>performance&maitenence>Admin tools>computer management then under computer management click storage>disk managment then at the bottom of the screen you should see your current format & the leftover space on the right hand side. Right click on it and create a partition.

If you want to do a easy slipstream so you don't have to create a parition and just want a full drive google autostreamer and download that.
it should reconise it as 180gb, especially since it did before. i have a 160gb hdd on my desktop and it shows up as 150gb or something (thats normal because you always have slightly under). do you have a program like partition magic? if so see what it shows up as in that

uh i have a 160gb harddrive and it recognizes all of it...

Back
Top Bottom