Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default HTTrack and other forum download software

So I want to download a number of threads from a forum like

With an utility like HTtrack. Bear in mind that the "assumed file name" for all of the forum links is display.cgi, but that HTtrack automatically maps a new link for all of them from the central forum directory, retaining the link integrity in the original forum directory - which I really like.

The problem is that Httrack often skips links, for whatever reason. Since I don't want to check over every link to see whether it has been downloaded or not [and then manually save such links] - is there a way to ensure that links aren't skipped? I use an internal mirror depth of 2, which should only download the links. I asked this question on the Httrack forums, with no response. I could try again, but this only results in different skipped links (the same links are not skipped several times).

I've used downthemall as well. It often skips links as well - but it allows a user-friendly way to download the skipped links. However, I switched to Httrack because downthemall [as far as I know] doesn't map webpages to a central directory, but rather renames them all display(1).cgi, display(2).cgi, etc...
Simfish is offline   Reply With Quote