Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-16-2005, 01:28 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: HP vs Dell Notebook

I'm sorry that you got a dell, even if you did have some bad luck with them in the past, they are overall a better company than dell. Dell computers may work fine with no obvious problems (if you're lucky) but they are not made well and will probably not last very long, and do use bad hardware. In the end, hp's better.

crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:29 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

As a service tech, I have more people claiming repairs on a Dell than on an HP. Dell support really is bad when you can't even understand the person trying to explain how to fix it. HP has had a few issues with some rollouts of a bad product but all in all has better service then Dell. I would recommend that you use the AMD proccessor over Intell especially on laptops as the AMD will always run cooler than Intel. And most definately buy the extra battey as a sparebecause 2 hours or less with a laptop is going to get old really quick.

lurkswithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:08 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Personnelly on a notebook level i'd suggest HP, ON a desktop level i'd like to smach dell users. If your SCARED of building your own PC which is completely understandable. (about to do my first build and i'm nervous hopign Id not' miss up) go at least to a good site like www.ibuypower.com. Dells suck. And frankly their "Untlra" gaming rigs are overpriced. I'm building one not counting case, PSU, and HD for about 600. Give me a extra o say 300 or so and i'll could build it from the top up without a hitch. And prob still have enough money to buy at least a game.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #14
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Syn7ax 3rror Send a message via MSN to Syn7ax 3rror

Yea I had a dell and it didn't own.... My friend has a Hp notebook and it kicks. It's really fast, has a good high def monitor, and has a nice case design.

I had a dell desktop and I had to re-format about oh, 20 times in the course of a year.

You see, what dell does, is they program a bug into your system, and as soon as the warenty is up, BOOM, no warenty, and you computer is broken.

I'd also like to say, MY HP OWNS.

I PLAY CS AND I'M LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOMHEADSHOT!

And I never die because my Hp OWNZZZZZZ!
Syn7ax 3rror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #15
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr

HP definantly. My two brothers and my dad all have HP laptops and have had no problems what so ever. I however have a custom built PC because I am sweet like that.

Need a good reason not to buy a Dell notebook? Then read the motherboard chronicles. There are 7 parts to it: http://www.brokennewz.com/displaysto...d_E_1130mbcone

And Niko, he might have a problem building a notebook.......

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote