Is HP scamming their customers?

Szat

Daemon Poster
Alright, so I have an HP PhotoSmart 1000 printer. It was the first photo printer my dad got about 5+ years ago, but he stepped up to a newer all-in-one printer a few years ago. So this HP 1000 has been mine for a while now. In order to install it on my computer I had to go to HP's website and download the drivers for it. Hey guess what, they say they're not supporting my product for Vista.
"We are sorry to inform you that there will be no [notice the will be no] Windows Vista support available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work with Windows Vista.
The majority of HP products not supported in Windows Vista are beyond seven years old.
If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer, please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on Windows Vista. HP has numerous products on the market that support Windows Vista.
For more information on the different options, click the How to Buy link at the top of the page."

I have a perfectly good printer that does what I need it to do and now I can't use it. WTF HP? I'm a student and all I need is to print out my papers, but instead of writing a driver for your product, you're trying to make me buy a new one from you. No thanks.

thats what happend to my mum when she rang up. about hers
i fixed it for her.
shock horror all i had to do was right click the scanning program then scurity then full controll, now it works like normal.

hp said that she would have to buy a new scanner.

thats crap dude. dont even buy one. mail them a letter of complaint, and they might send u a gift card or something. thats really sucks, cuz thats all there good at making is printers.

I haven't been able to try it out yet. I had a ton of homework and stuff to do tonight. I'm totally beat now, I've been up since 7am and I'm about to pass out. I'll let you guys know how it works out after I do it.

There is really no point in making Vista drivers for a printer that is 5+ years old. How many people do you think are still using that printer? Printers are cheap these days and people upgrade them often it seems like. You can't expect them to do Vista drivers for every product they've made in the past 10 years.

hope it works. HP gets great sales yet they still try and try to get people to buy more and more

Yeah, you're right. Why the heck would companies want to sell more and more products? ;)

I haven't been able to try it out yet. I had a ton of homework and stuff to do tonight. I'm totally beat now, I've been up since 7am and I'm about to pass out. I'll let you guys know how it works out after I do it.

Keep us posted. There's definitely a way around this, and Jason's research should prove to be helpful. I'm interested in seeing what happens since I've got an old-school 6L i'd like to use at this chick's dorm.

Back
Top Bottom