HP power supply

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Hey guys, I'm still having problems with my HP Pavillion 7920, the power down issues and sometimes power up. So I've decided I want to replace the power supply in hopes it is the problem.

Does anyone know of a good place I can get a power supply from? OEM or replacement, it doesn't matter. I'm not sure of the wattage at this point, but I'm sure that something with decent wattage will do.

Thanks
Tom

search your computer on ebay the just might have a power supply or maybe a local bestbuy or somehwere can suggest a good one

I got mine off ebay for £25 new, they arent cheap tho. And make sure ya get the right one for your laptop mate :)

Raffaz said:
I got mine off ebay for £25 new, they arent cheap tho. And make sure ya get the right one for your laptop mate :)
Thanks for the advice. It's a desktop though....lol

you could always use like an antec or other brand if you can fid the wattage

Ah right lol, just use newegg or something then, and get the best you can afford, as its one of the most critical parts of the computer. What problems are you having?

Will aftermarket power supplies fit in an HP micro ATX case?

The problems I am having are with power down, the pc won't power down after it shuts down windows and everything. It just sits there running with a black screen, you have to kill the power to get it to go off.

Then sometimes after you do that, the next time you want to start it up, it won't power up. It's a weird problem, but it's not the first time it's happened in the life of the computer. So I'm thinking I might try replacing the power supply.

Easiest way to check is to take the measurements of the PSU, and compare it to online dimensions. But if you have a standard ATX PSU, then any other standard ATX power supply will fit. Take a look at this link, at the dimensions, and compare to your PSU, to see what standard supply you have
http://www.directron.com/psu.html
Can you check the PSU on another computer, im pretty sure there is a certain wire that sends a signal to turn system off. Maybe thats just loose. Look here for more info
http://www.smps.us/computer-power-supply.html

Thanks man.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes when you turn it on, the fans power up and the hard drive light comes on but the monitor stays black, getting no signal, and the light on one of the cd drives stays on. Anyone have a clue as to what that might mean?

Have you been messing with your cables on the CD drives, normally when the light stays on permanently, the cable is the wrong way around.

Back
Top Bottom